IAAS Membership Fees
- Full members:
Waged – €35 per annum.
Unwaged/student – €15 per annum.
- Associate Members:
Waged – €20 per annum
Unwaged/student – €10 per annum
IAAS Membership Form – Please return to our treasurer.
IAAS Conference fees in euros:
|Existing IAAS member||New member||Non-member|
|Waged||65||65+35 (annual fee)||95|
|Unwaged / students||10||10+15 (annual fee)||25|
For all membership queries, please contact our treasurer:
Dr Ryoko Sasamoto (Treasurer)
+353 (0)1 700 5810
Categories of membership. There are two categories of membership; (a) Full Members, (b) Associate Members, as below.
- Full members (individuals).
- Scholars, including advanced students, who are ordinarily resident in the island of Ireland and active in research in any field of Asian Studies as evidenced by a record of research and where appropriate publication in reputable peer-reviewed outlets.
- Scholars resident outside Ireland active in research in any field of Asian Studies particularly related to Ireland and/or the Irish diaspora, evidenced as in (i) above.
- Scholars outside Ireland who can demonstrate a significant personal or academic connection with Ireland and who are active in research within any field of Asian Studies, evidenced as in (i) above.
- Other scholars as deemed appropriate by the IAAS Committee in light of the criteria above.
- Full members participate in all IAAS activities, receive IAAS mailings, may be elected to the IAAS Committee and are eligible to vote in any General Meeting of IAAS
- Associate members (individuals).
- Individuals, including students and others, who are normally resident in Ireland and can demonstrate a strong interest in Asian Studies but who do not meet the criteria for full membership in (a) above.
- Individuals from outside Ireland who can demonstrate a strong personal or academic connection with Ireland and are interested in Asian Studies but do not meet the criteria for full membership.
- Individuals who fulfil the criteria for full membership but opt to remain an Associate member.
- Individuals belonging to recognised Asia-related enterprises, bodies and agencies.
- Associate members participate in IAAS activities and receive IAAS mailings but may not be elected to the IAAS Committee and are not eligible to attend nor vote in any General Meeting of IAAS